The Staines-upon-Thames BID is committed to protecting your privacy online and we appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately. This policy will explain how we collect information through the web site, what we do with it and what controls you have. This policy is effective from 30 April 2018 and will be reviewed periodically or as the law requires us to do so.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address, telephone and fax
- Demographic information such as address and post code
- Other information relevant to our services
Where is the information stored
All information which you submit via this website is sent to and stored on a computer located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you the information you have requested.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- We will use the information you provide to us to respond to your enquiry
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services
- We may periodically send to you an email about new services, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
With whom is the information shared?
We will not share the information with any third parties unless you have asked us to or we have otherwise agreed this with you first.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the Staines-upon-Thames BID, the VisitStaines web site or its visitors.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your acceptance of these terms
You have a legal right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. You have a right to ask us to stop sending you direct marketing material at any time even if you have previously asked us to do so or have otherwise agreed to this.